Keeping You In The Know
At LEXXER our business is knowledge and how it can be DISCOVERED, DEVELOPED and DISSEMINATED. We provide innovative and effective solutions, a range of advice and intervention services to keep you in the KNOW. The Discovery of Knowledge is the first step in this process, at LEXXER we work to promote quality research, insights, innovation and to build experience within universities, think tanks or industry. The key to out work is to ensure that research is fit for purpose and has maximum impact.
At LEXXER Solutions our VARSITY approach ensures that research is well designed and positioned to have a practical application. This will ensure that it is of interest to funders and to industry and will be utilised. LEXXER is at the nexus of universities, research institutions, think tanks and the commercial and community sectors.
We work along with research communities to develop programmes which are sustainable through funding and utilisation. As universities are needing to tap into funds beyond that which government provides are range of consultancy services are well placed to provide a support framework and range of services to ensure that knowledge continues to be Discovered.
This we view as a marketable asset with the Intellectual Property, Industry Applications and Innovative Momentum all part of a new Northern Ireland knowledge manufacturing industry. This is in our view the 'shipyards' of this century the economic driver of a new knowledge based economy. The steel Titanic has been replaced with a new flagship for Northern Ireland's innovative skilled manufacturing sector - Knowledge.
LEXXER SHOWING YOU THE WORLD IN 3D
The LEXXER concept is grounded upon research, which builds upon and connects up work from separate areas in a way that generates new perspectives, fresh insights and innovative methodologies which expand and refine knowledge of a particular problem providing effective solutions.
We have developed our approach to Research with the VARSITY Concept which will ensure research is fit for purpose and geared towards commercial application. We mean business about research and together we can make it pay. VARSITY provides a framework for ensuring world class research. It will focus on
- VALUE - in the commissioning and development of research value for money, an intrinsic value in the work and a valuable marketable end product will be ensured.
- ACTION - a clear action plan with measurable milestones and outcomes will take research forward and will ensure that it is fit for purpose and will be put into action.
- RELEVANCE - real world requirements will be applied to ensure that it remains relevant and usable, leading the field with an identifiable objective.
- SUSTAINABLE - research will be required to meet a series of sustainability tests which will ensure that it becomes more self sufficient and self promoting.
- IMPACT - the potential impact will be assessed and audited with a clear vision for maximising both the audiences and the applications of the work.
- TEACHING - education and training will be promoted as part of the programme to ensure researchers remain part of a wider academic community.
- YIELD- the profit made will be reinvested into the research work to provide an incentive for further development and a maximiser effect.
We promote Knowledge Discovery using :-
KNOWLEDGE BROKERAGE SERVICES
Some of the range of knowledge brokerage opportunities where we have worked with clients to provide support, services and solutions.
GIVING YOU KNOWLEDGE-ABILITY
Unlocking the Power of Knowledge
Knowledge brokering offers you an analogous capability. This is simply taking an idea, or process or piece of knowledge from one area or sector and applying it to another, by analogy we reach a new solution. These connections are made by our team of knowledge brokers—who create the space and time for an exchange of knowledge which combines the external ideas with internal ones to improve your business processes.
At LEXXER we wish to take international best practice and apply it to Northern Ireland in order to develop it as a world leading Knowledge Economy. While some sectors like engineering, bio-technology and IT are already quite well advanced with important partnerships between business and local universities, others have yet to discover the potential.
Therefore we wish to focus on what is known as the Third Sector – community and voluntary groups charities and not for profit organisations, which is well developed and has achieved much in the wake of recent conflict, however decades of accumulated knowledge and experience is often lost when projects stop, funding is not secured or staff move on.